Hi! I'm Siavash and I'm a curator and programmer (events and films, not code with strange punctuation) working across contemporary art and film. I also write sometimes. I've worked with institutions including the British Film Institute, the Barbican and Watershed and am currently studying at the Royal College of Art. My work is centred around discussing and developing ideas of community, participation and agency so if you want to talk all or any of those things, get in touch!
- Social Media & Content Creator, BFI Film Academy South West, Watershed
- Young Programmer, BFI Film Academy
- 2021-2023: MA Curating Contemporary Art, Royal College of Art
- 2018-2021: BA (Hons) Liberal Arts, 1st, University of Bristol. Major: History of Art.
- 2021: Best overall achievement in the Liberal Arts (BA) programme, University of Bristol
- 2021: Best Dissertation in Liberal Arts, University of Bristol
- 2021: Billy Dowling-Reid Award for Outstanding Commitment, Student Publication Association Awards
Things I can do (which I will do if you commission me):
- Curation and cultural programming
- Writing: academic (focus on cultural developments and theories 1980-present)
- Writing: criticism (reviews, deep dives into specific pieces of pop culture in particular)
- Graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Commissioning, editing, copyediting, layout (InDesign for print and CMS systems for web)
- Social media content creation and management